Sunday, December 17, 2006

Powerless in Seattle

Okay, not Seattle proper. Just someplace near there. Some of you may have heard about the big wind storm we had recently. If anybody has been trying to email me at my Beep Industries address, or visit the Beep web page, they will find things aren't working and bouncing left and right. The same goes for the info address at Beep. This is because our ISP still has no power (or phones) and our email isn't working. I'm kind of surprised they weren't even able to get web mail or some kind of reroute working, much less a simple announcement via other channels, but that's the way it goes.

Anyway, I have electricity (duh) and am busy procrastinating on my next thrilling post. Hopefully all the Beep stuff will be back up soon.

CK

UPDATE: Looks like Beep's ISP is up and running again as of Sunday night!

4 comments:

Peter said...

Well, that weekend sucked.

...so cold...

Clayton Kauzlaric said...

Burning stuff helps.

It was amazing how quickly my neighborhood reverted to the Bronze Age. Between the burning heaps of branches and all the fireplaces the whole place was completely socked in with dense wood smoke. One more day without power would have lead to roving bands of Mad Max style marauders.

24 hours later I was watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation without a care in the world.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I remember that. I'm over here in Woodinville and we lost power for about 3 days. :S

Btw, is there ever gonna be another Voodoo Vince?

Clayton Kauzlaric said...

Another Voodoo Vince? I wish, but that's a remote possibility at best. Hope springs eternal, but realists bring an extra pair of dry socks.