Monday, August 27, 2007

Voodoo Vince Prehistory

I almost forgot about this.

I've always loved that vaguely creepy rubber hose animation from the 1920's and 30's. I did a little Flash movie back in 2002 showing how Vince may have appeared in an earlier era. The music is from the Zombie Guidance Counselor level of the game and is one of my favorites, as always by the extra super talented Steve Kirk. This doesn't have the scratchy film filter pass I did for the final edit, but that lovely YouTube compression kind of delivers that.



CK

6 comments:

Peter said...

Your hose-arm technique will revolutionize animation!!!

Zimm said...

SLICK! I R WHANT JOR SKILZ!1

Craig G said...

I have always loved voodoo vince. I think this video is great. I just wish they would have ported it to the 360.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that! I loved Voodoo Vince and I've been keeping tabs on your blog for a while now. I always love to see what you'll dig up next.. I hope you're enjoying your new job.

-Pete

Anonymous said...

Speaking of your new job, can you say anything about Space Siege at all? What's your role on it right now? I doubt your NDA leaves you completely gagged now that it's been announced at least, right? ;)

-Pete

Clayton Kauzlaric said...

Yeah (craig)... Some backwards compatibility love for Vince on the 360 would have been nice, but it was not to be.

Now (pete) you're just trying to get me in trouble :-) Space Siege was already in full swing when I came aboard at GPG, so my role is quite insignificant. Still, I would be all kinds of bad if I talked about it here. Nice try, though.